- Strong technical experience in the realm of civil and oilfield construction.
- The position requires a detail-oriented individual to work under the guidance of the project manager in assisting with project deliverable, coordination, reporting and tendering.
Subset of roles included in position:
- Working alongside project manager to complete construction proposals, quotations, and pre-qualifications.
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of project progress and costs.
- Writing and distributing meeting minutes for project meetings.
- Scheduling of construction activities with MS Project. Primavera is an asset.
- Coordination of project activities with construction and operations teams.
- Organizing contractual QA/QC requirements and working with quality team to meet material, method and inspection objectives.
- Ongoing risk management of all aspects of projects.
- Preparation and review of project documentation, specifications and drawings.
- Set up of new projects and jobs in line with internal and client procedures.
- Assisting with reconciling invoicing issues.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years within the construction industry and/or engineering environment.
- Experience in development of construction proposals an asset.
- Understanding of construction methods (particularly civil and/or oilfield construction) an asset.
- Comprehension of construction documents and drawings an asset.
- Familiarity with construction QA/QC procedures and requirements an asset.
Education and credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is an asset.
- Capacity for working on a multitude of simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Ability to handle stress and deliver deliverables on tight timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivated and diligent work ethic.
- Detail-oriented, organized and procedural mindset.
- Savvy computer skills, including Google’s software suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets & Calendar), AutoCad and Microsoft Project. Primavera is an asset.
- Ability to execute tasks according to direction in an organized planned manner.
- Positive, morale-boosting interpersonal skills with culturally sensitive attitude.
- English, Russian and Kazakh verbal fluency required.
- English, Russian and Kazakh written competency required.
- Ability to work on rotation for at least 4 weeks at a time (typically, 28 days).
Additional application instructions:
- English resume requested. The second resume in the candidate’s native language (Russian or Kazakh) can also be included if believed it best represents the candidate.