- experience in onshore oil and gas upstream facilities;
- engineering practice for pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, project concept selection, FEED study, detailed design follow-on engineering and closeout;
- machinery and plant installations in the oil and gas industry;
- pressure vessel design and tank design;
- heat exchanger design;
- pump sizing and specification;
- packages design;
- mechanical theory and its practical implementation;
- RoK and international codes, regulations and standards relating to mechanical engineering;
- the latest developments and current best practice in mechanical engineering.
- technical report writing;
- time management;
- computer literacy.
- Maintain the integrity of process plant and mechanical, machinery and packages design in the Karachaganak asset.
- Engineer changes and additions to mechanical, machinery and packages and plant.
- Issue high quality, cost effective designs and reports in a timely manner.
- Complete assigned work on time to meet company schedules.
- The work will include: investigations, surveys, feasibility studies, calculations, simulations, conceptual design, detailed design, production of drawings, engineering reports and scopes of work, cost estimation, equipment and material specification and procurement.
- Supervise mechanical engineering work assigned to external design institutes and engineering companies, to maintain the progress and quality of this work.
- Report progress of all assigned work to the Engineering Manager and support Senior Mechanical Engineer in the day to day activities.
- Participate in the risk assessment and hazard and operability studies of designs.
- Perform peer and inter-discipline checks on work by engineers within and outside Engineering Department.
- Ensure compliance of assigned mechanical engineering work with the terms of the design brief or technical assignment and applicable specifications, codes and standards.
- Ensure the selection of cost effective designs and materials, taking into account operating costs and standardization of equipment.
- Control technical compliance of purchased plant, machinery and associated materials.
- Supervise acceptance testing of purchased machinery.
Conditions: Aksai, 5/2.