- Strong commitment to safety and ability to educate and persuade personnel to adopt safety rules;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Fluent in written and spoken English language is mandatory;
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills are essential;
- Supervisory abilities and planning capability;
- Proven ability to lead and inspire dispersed multi-cultural teams;
- Proven ability to implement complex tactics.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to apply these skills in emergency situations;
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicates, understand and work within the dynamics of a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Superb leadership and team-building skills, that enables you to work well in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Personally resilient, flexible, self-confident, and assertive, especially in dealing with contractors;
- An energetic person with drive and stamina who is solution-oriented, customer-focused and who can deal with a multitude of, at times, challenging interfaces. A proven track record of hands-on experience is considered critical.
- Ability to manage multiple discipline functions and quickly establish relationships with practitioners to ensure construction processes and standards are consistently applied.
- Good knowledge of the RoK design and construction code,
- Good knowledge of International construction standards, best practices, systems, and an established network to call upon and deploy this knowledge within Kazakhstan.
- Aware of and familiar with issues surrounding high pressure and high H2S facilities, and have managed staff in a similarly challenging high-risk environment.
- Provide leadership to the development of a safety awareness culture in the project execution and construction teams, through visible and felt leadership. The teams consists of Company staff, contractor staff, and their local subcontractors personnel.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the teams.
- Proven performance and capability to operate independently in own discipline.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Establish and monitor/motivate staff performance, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach, monitor and evaluate results.
- Engage and work effectively across various Company and Contractor teams in Engineering, Operations, Completions & Commissioning and Logistics and influence management through direct contact and operate across a wide range of cultures.
- Establish effective and pragmatic ways of working with Company and Contractor teams.