- A first degree in related management fields is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a commercial security environment, ideally in Oil & Gas.
- Qualification in quality assurance practices.
- Experience in security business process and systems, risk management, security manned guarding and contracts
- and exposure to electronic security systems.
- Senior level of Police or Military background.
The following competencies are required for this post:
- An extensive understanding of risk and security issues facing corporate organizations.
- Ability to communicate governance and policy requirements in a clear concise manner.
- Flexibility to be able to deal with, and manage changes to policy and strategy implementation.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of Oil & Gas security industry theory and practices.
- Proven experience, at least eight years, in a dedicated security management role, preferably within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Good working knowledge of international security legislation and standards.
- Good knowledge of quality management and continuous improvement processes.
- Shall have excellent communication with strong influencing skills and a diplomatic and pragmatic approach to the role.
- The ability to prepare and deliver high level reports (written and verbal) will be required.
- He will be able to display up to date knowledge on security strategy, procedures and best practice.
- Shall have experience in managing security for the oil and gas industry and will also be able to demonstrate excellent English verbal, literacy and influencing skills.
- Technical specialist in the security threat risk management process and advice/develop security staff.
- Facilitate threat & risk assessment process that would assess localised threats and implement a risk mitigation plan to ensure low security risk levels for production operations.
- Monitor the site organization performance and support Security Manager by providing inputs on how to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness of processes.
- Advise on and interpret legislative and regulatory requirements and best practices
- Interpret, advise and direct the department on security strategy, practices, guidelines and incident management.
- Advise on management practices, goal setting, KPI and controls.
- Develop security procedures and work instructions to effect security strategy and implement.
- Review and development advice on integrated security systems and operations.
- Support with contract management process for multiple security contracts.
- Maintain Company Operational integrity Assurance, Quality Management and Improvement Processes.
- Implement the quality management and control system in accordance to Company policies, manuals and procedures, and based in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001.
- Functionally manage the Security Operational Control Centre to support emergencies and incident / quality management.
- Coach and mentor department employees with the goal to implement the national development plan.
- Guidance, development and support department internal independent assurance and self-assurance practices.
- Support to improve of security monitoring, control and information system.
- Ensure good quality of security incident and emergency management processes.
- Providing consultation and advice to Company senior management on security related matter.
- Develop personnel competence/skills in all areas within the scope of security with emphasis on risk assessments, planning, quality assurance, situational awareness, integrated security practices, investigations and security emergency management scenarios and practices.