- Higher education or secondary technical education in an Engineering or Science.
- Discipline or closely related field;
- Experience in operations is strongly beneficial;
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience in Oil & Gas Industry;
- Strong analytical skills to be able to challenge ideas and designs;
- Strong interface skills to be able to effectively influence without authority and work across organizational boundaries and vertically up and down in company;
- Communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken;
- Analytical skills to perform quality checks of confidential incident reports;
- Ability to effectively influence people at all levels of company (work floor up to managerial level);
- Competence in the preparation of incident learning materials to a high standard;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and priorities workloads in a challenging environment;
- Computer literate on Microsoft Office programs: Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated critical thinking capacity, rigorous application of structured problem solving, methods, tenacity.
- Increase Company-wide capacity for causal reasoning by coaching and mentoring practitioners (specifically investigation facilitators, team leads, Appointing Authorities and HSSE Functional team) and sharing of own learning experiences.
- Develop pool of competent facilitators so they can drive high-quality investigations.
- Support fulfilment of competence profiles for facilitators and investigation team leads including assessment protocols.
- Design and facilitate learning sessions to build understanding of events investigated and and decision making workshops to identify recommendations that sustainably remove causes selected by investigation Appointing Authorities.
- Support development of corrective action plans to address incident causes by actively engaging with investigation teams.
- Assist Appointing Authorities in shepherding investigations from kick off to completion.
- Provide training on investigation methods and techniques (to targeted groups).
- Develop and implement governance structure for Incident Investigation & Learning Process.
- Monitor, report and refine KPIs related to Incident Investigation & Learning Process to identify issues early and progress problem solving more smoothly.
- Conduct verification (assurance) of all steps of Incident Investigation & Learning Process to monitor effectiveness; provide coaching where gaps are identified; Coach functional team to be able to conduct this verification.
- Establish and manage the process for embedding learnings from incidents including; evaluation of (internal and external) LFIs, sharing learnings with the site, and assuring that applicable actions are taken to mitigate the risks identified by the LFI.
- Facilitate Tier 1 / 2 and High Potential investigations (if needed).
- Support identification and implementation of consistent learning/reasoning methodology.