Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a Lead Cost Engineer to join our team in Atyrau.
- We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
- Under general supervision, the individual competently performs all aspects of cost control.
- Development and execution of the project scope cost plan and monitor costs and collect cost data to ensure conformity with project management's budget directives, cost tracking, forecasting and financial reporting; participates in the forecast process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study and understand all relevant project documents relating to the cost management of the allocated project(s).
- Create Project / Projects within Internal Cost System to the agreed format
- Establishing Project Control Budgets based on the client approved Project Control Estimate.
- Assisting the Project Controls Manager in identifying and gaining approval of Estimates / Change Requests.
- Perform a variety of cost engineering functions including cost control, budget preparations, forecasting, and cost reporting under supervision of Project Controls Manager.
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information (for all cost elements), for input to the internal cost controls system and reporting system on a weekly basis.
- Producing regular cost reports and advising Project Engineer(s) of any forecast cost overruns as warranted; maintaining comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Establish Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and integrate with WBS / OBS.
- Review all approved PO’s as issued for cost committed.
- Any other duties appropriate to this position as required.
- Report turnaround and project actual vs. baseline cost status as required.
- Report Earned Value per vendor; Contracts Audits, and identify trends that impact the final cost projections.
- Review / Endorse final cost report and invoice / bill to the client.
- Review proposed cost changes with construction personnel, project engineers and contractors.
- Review project man‐hours and the allocation of man‐hours in conjunction with planning on a weekly basis.
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in a project planning role, preferably working for an international EPC contractor with a minimum of 2 years in oil and gas industry projects.
- Undergraduate degree
- Good English level