- BSc Degree in environmental engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in environmental engineering related activities;
- Familiarity with fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization.
- Some experience in ISO 14001, waste management, environmental monitoring, permitting and reporting.
- Computer skills required as follows:
- Microsoft Word - required
- Microsoft Excel - required
- Microsoft PowerPoint – basic
- Microsoft Project or Access or similar – preferred but not essential
- E-mail and Internet – required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Good written and verbal communication in English language.
- Conduct in routine site visits and internal inspections at Company and Contractors operational sites to ensure Company environmental management requirements are complied with and support in closing of non-conformances.
- Identifies and reports all environmental hazards and non-compliances revealed on site. Organizes mitigation of them in responsible and immediate manner.
- Agrees remedial actions with the parties involved. Checks remedial action close outs are completed, verified and documented.
- Ensure that all field representatives are fully aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- Conduct toolbox talks within area of responsibility for site personnel and contractors.
- Providing technical and operational advice on environmental protection issues and support to Company divisions and contractors on an as-needed basis.
- Drafting procedures/instructions that are necessary for the implementation of the HSE-MS.
- Reviewing and critiquing Contractor supplied Environmental related documentation, such as Project Design documents, Environmental aspects and impacts registers, HSE Plans, Waste Management Plans, etc.
- Maintain all relevant data for internal and external reporting needs and statistical process controls.
- Check availability and completeness of primary documentation at Company and Contractors sites such as air emissions data, logbooks for water intake/discharge and waste disposal records.
- Support to check permitting data for Company operational activities, review emission projects, permitting application forms to obtain relevant environmental permits and certificates from local and national authorities.
- Support to collect site data necessary to compile statutory reports, review their accuracy and completeness, timely submit reports to responsible parties.
- Provide required support during state inspections, internal/external audits.