- Ensure all project information related to Detail Design, Procurement and Construction is accurate, timely and meets relevant standards and specifications and is made available to the project team in line with the required schedule.
- Review and communicate progress and performance status to the Lead Project Engineer, flagging any potential slippage and areas of concern.
- Review all required design documentation produced by the Engineering Contractor and ensure that relevant stakeholders provide input to the design at relevant stages of the project.
- Ensure key Tengiz stakeholders (Operations, Maintenance, Reliability, Construction) are effectively engaged at relevant stages of project development specific to the Design. Work with Engineering Contractor, Regulatory Affair and Expertizing Contractor in preparation of Technical Project Documentation (TPD) to obtain necessary approvals for Construction permits.
- Ensure engineering drawings and design packages are issued by the Engineering Contractor as per the project plans to support subcontracting and construction needs.
- Ensure that design packages are transmitted by the Engineering Contractor to enable the timely planning, contracting and efficient field execution.
- Ensure engineering standards and practices and RoK regulations are followed on all project work.
- Provide engineering assistance to the project planner and estimator on questions related to materials, scope definition, and construction activity planning.
- Review interface with all disciplines as required for tie-ins, equipment layout and hook-ups, Electrical and I/C cable tray layout, and structural supports required for Electrical scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum 7+ year experience with exposure to some design and application of generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electric power for 110kV, 35kV, 10kV, 6kV systems and devices including transformers.
- Experience with LV, MV, HV switchgear design, Substation design, MCC design, Equipment power design, grounding/earthing design, cable tray layout, heat trace design is preferred.
- Working knowledge of current Electrical Engineering softwares utilized during design including ETAP is preferable.
- Ability to read input, output, results and conclusions of ETAP.
- Oil & Gas industry experience is mandatory.
- Extreme cold climate design experience is preferable.
- Will require site visits to Tengiz field.
- Position is based in Engineering Contractor’s office in Atyrau, KZ (5x2).
- Preference will be given to candidates who want to choose a career path in becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this discipline.
- Only for KZ passport holders