- University degree in technical/ engineering disciplines.
- 3 years’ experience in oil business, including at least 3 years in drilling/well testing/completion/work over operations.
- Experience in performing well operations in environmentally sensitive environments and well drilling of sour reservoir fluids.
- Experience of HP-HT well
- Experience on drilling through thick salt/sandstone and loss circulation carbonate/sandstone formations.
- Knowledge of aspects tied with well operations in cold climate.
The job holder must have proven:
- Knowledge of Rigs, materials and equipment needed for the typical well construction activities, in particular for drilling deep, highly deviated, sour wells.
- Intimate knowledge of the well construction processes and the relevant engineering contents.
- Aware of the advanced HSE management system requirements.
- Capable to identify hazards and risks in relations to well operations and elaborate/propose mitigation actions.
- Computer literate, with the scope of producing reports, and organize data.
- Familiar with the technical software typical of well engineering disciplines.
- Team player, capable of working with professionals from different organizations and lead the contracted service companies.
- Preparation of Drilling programs in a timely and technically sound manner, complying with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Preparation of detailed work programs for the activities to be executed (including engineering studies and
verifications such as casing design, hydraulic programme, etc., identification of materials and equipment required for its implementation); ensure that detailed programs are duly authorized and shared/agreed upon with Contractors involved in the execution.
- Liaise with the Exploration/Reservoir Eng./Geology/Well Testing/Completion/Work-over disciplines, whichever is involved/concerned, for the same scopes as above.
- Support the Project Team of Kalamkas and Kashagan Full Field Development for the following activities:
- Assess the well drilling feasibility studies already performed
- Prepare the well drilling engineering programs, schedule and budget in compliance with project objectives,
oilfield best practice, company and local regulations. Prepare the technical documentation, including
specifications for tendering of products and services.
- Preparation of the TPD technical chapters (Technical Project Documentations) concerning drilling Operations
- Prepare the budget for the activities in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- Liaise with the Operative Team and support the day by day well operations, ensuring that lessons learnt are
systematically captured, recorded and incorporated in the future well programs in order to continuously improve the performances and safety of the well operations.
- Responsible for providing the modification/integration of the work program(s) if so dictated by the contingent
situation, ensuring proper approval (internal and from the Statutory Authority if so requested) is granted.
- Preparation the End of Activity Reports in co-operation with the Drilling Superintendent and, in case, with relevant Contractors/Suppliers and other Company’s Disciplines. Prepare/revise the technical documentation, including specifications for tendering of products and services.
- Participate during the tendering exercises for the provision of material, equipment and services related to the drilling activities (e.g. technically evaluating proposals, preparing technical reports, etc.).
- Assist the Team Lead during pre and post award of contracts, and contract close out.
- Prepare the necessary documentations and their availability for future Audits (internal/external) and Handover.