- University degree on technical or mechanical subject.
- Strong knowledge of rig materials and equipment.
- Good knowledge of all offshore materials and equipment. Skilled in Material Management.
- Educated up to tertiary education level, with a minimum of 5 + years’ experience working within DrillingProjects.
- Coordination skills.
- Prior experience with HPHT and sour gas wells.
Must have proven:
- Strong analytical approach to the problems, ability to analyze and solve technical and complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and work independently, leadership behavior mandatory.
- Very good oral presentation and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various operational units and with a variety of nationalities and educational levels.
- Skilled on a personal computer and familiar working on word processing and spreadsheet applications in the Windows OS environment.
- In order to exercise control with the minimum of confusion, the job holder needs to be in a position to understand and process data quickly, make quick decisions and pass on instructions in a controlled and easily understood manner.
- Commitment and Leadership to ensure that all Company HSEQ requirements related to materials handling and storage are in compliance.
- Ensure suitable and proper material selection is properly carried out or verified against the operating conditions before any material order is placed;
- Prepare plans and operational procedures for the preparation/handling/preventive maintenance/repair of Drilling assets materials in stock and on-call from third parties (Service Suppliers). Ensure all said services are rendered in compliance to Company’s safety regulations.
- Full knowledge and skills in regard of rig repair and securing; insufficient and excess thickness, film defects, zinc coated surface, coating under intumescent fireproofing, galvanizing.
- Proven commitment and experience in visual and inspection of the prepared and coated surface, coating thickness, special coating requirement, adhesion tests, MPI and NDT tests, blast and other cleaning procedures and quality assurance.
- The Rig Engineer shall be responsible to provide prompt and consistent technical specification, further responsible for the prompt update of the Drilling Directorate Database.
- Ensure the third party equipment on call-out is promptly delivered in Company warehouse or in the islands located offshore and return to Bautino or different locations.
- Rig Engineer shall be responsible to select and approve under LM supervision all the electrical components inherent rig construction and metallurgy selection in compliance with the SoW of the rig design and budget approved.
- Perform the analysis of materials related operation's feedback and use it to advise/develop improvement.
- Time to time to visit the drilling assets and Contractors base, to audit the Company equipment/materials are properly kept and to perform technical analyses of well site drilling directorate operational activities to ensure conformance with approved projects and to identify and propose optimisation measures.
- Provide technical assistance to the operational activities related to materials/equipment services activities.
- Contribute to the materials planning of development projects to optimise the operation procedures.
- Contribute to the future development studies by advising on rig possible technologies / solutions to be evaluated, especially considering the peculiar logistic limitation of the Caspian Environment
- The Rig Engineer will be involved in the tendering processes and contracts management related to rigs
- Review HSE risk acceptance criteria and specific emergency preparedness requirements for the equipment pressure testing bay operations.
- Maintain an overview of all non-conformances which have arisen with regard to specific to Drilling Directorate Equipment/Materials.
- Follow up the well specific HSE plan during the operations.
- Participate to regular inspections with the contractor and act on the results of these.