- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6-8 years discipline experience, preferably in complex onshore and off-shore oil and gas projects; Front End Engineering, Detailed Design, Commissioning and Operation. Include all aspects of HVAC design. Extensive site experience, as well as design house experience.
- A previous similar company role, especially in managing and interfacing with Major Contractor.
- Excellent knowledge of all types of HVAC equipment and associated HVAC equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of all types of HVAC systems and functional operations.
- Strong history of working with other related disciplines (Civil, Process, Electrical, Instrument, Safety, Rotating Equipment, Operations).
- Experience in design and operation of high H2S content facilities with stringent requirements in terms of HSE.
- Good understanding of Technical and safety issues of exploration and production activities
- Proven track record in the preparation of technical documentation to a high standard
- Be able to speak in English in a level sufficient to attend technical meetings, write / answer e-mails, understand and write technical documentation.
- Team worker, self-motivator, with good personal, written and presentation skills.
- Create conducive environment for working with sub-ordinates and superiors
- Should develop and propose innovative approach.
- Should have analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking for the development of business unit
- Self-confident and stress manager in tackling with critical issues
- Proven organizational ability in a multi-interface and technically demanding Project
- Ability to work with and coach local staff.
- Leading the identification and adoption of appropriate standards for design of HVAC systems, with main consideration of Kazakhstan national standards and norms
- Supervising contractors executing design, procurement and construction activities, ensuring the quality and time and cost control of the works
- To interface with the others engineering disciplines Lead to properly and timely develop the projects
- Assessing capabilities and limitations of Kazakh contractors/suppliers
- Providing technical input for HVAC systems design, in line with project requirements, into technical studies and specifications.
- Ensuring a smooth and effective transfer of relevant discipline engineering data and information between Contractors and Company. Responding to technical queries from Contractors
- Ensuring Company procedures are adhered to in resolving and responding to technical queries from bidders
- To identify and assess the technology and systems to allow improvements and facilitate design and operability.
- Supporting preparation, development and approval of design engineering documentation such as layouts, datasheets, specifications, schedules.
- Supporting development of Safety critical elements and performance standards, if required
- Supporting design reviews of HVAC package
- To ensure the development of local capabilities and provide on-job training of the assigned resources
- To supervise and coordinate the HVAC design and related activities in accordance with budget, schedule and quality standards.
- To support the Technical Services Manager by supervising, reporting and updating on all the technical aspects of HVAC systems activities.
- Advise on HVAC equipment standardization, availability, and sparing philosophies.