- Degree in Engineering.
- Not less than 5 years of experience in working as a Project Engineer for a major oil/gas company and/or a contractor providing engineering or EPC services.
- Not less than 3 years of experience with oil/gas field capital projects, including leadership roles and international assignmentsexperience in all phases of project design, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning and relevant contractual aspects.
- Knowledgeable of international oil/gas capital project Best Practices.
- Sound knowledge of development project Economic Analysis and decision making process;
- Sound knowledge of Global Oil Economics
Advantageous Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience with sour gas (high H2S content) developments
- In addition to the above - more than 1 year of experience in Planning and Reporting, Project Management and Project Control.
- In addition to the above - more than 1 year of experience in working directly or indirectly for a major oil and gas company in a direct man management - supervisory position.
- Advanced degrees in above specified area and/or closely related field.
- Experience in oil/gas operating company.
- Knowledge and expertise in project management, with demonstrated experience involving major capital projects with complex technical challenges.
- Strong analytical skills. Possess and demonstrate the ability to analyze and interpret various sets of data related to the activities of a major oil and gas company.
- Ability to identify potential bottlenecks / mitigation measures and good skills to prepare succinct analysis for management information.
- Ability to lead the preparation of presentations, analyses and other materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and perform relatively complex tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively work in the multinational environment.
- Multi-discipline engineering competencies.
- Strong knowledge of offshore and onshore oil and gas facilities operational aspects.
- Knowledge of risk and change management concepts.
- Some experience with capital projects in frontier/developing production areas involving multiple partners.
- Deliver assigned capital project SOW on time, to cost and quality expectations.
- Delivery of projects in line with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Provide technical and project management support to NDDManagement on assigned activities
- Monitor, and as required coordinate, activities of contractors and consultants working within the project engineer’s assigned scope.
- Ensure that Company corporate processes in capital project management, engineering standards and specifications are understood and applied.
- Effectively interface and support as needed, other project work scopes to ensure successful project execution
- Assist in NDD budgeting, cost control and planning processes, including: the development, revision and monitoring of multiyear and annual work programs and budgets; cost/schedule analysis and reporting.
- Assist and advise project-assigned team members and those in the NDD Core Functions on capital project issues as requested.
- Assist in the progression of NDD objectives for national employee development. Ensure NDD objectives, targets and standards are measured, recorded and reported to management in line with corporate procedures and standards.
- Participate in ad hoc project and project management related task groups as directed by NDD management.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters;
- Maybe assisted by entry/junior or Intermediate level personnel;
- Assignment are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity;
- Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision;