- Professional with 10+ years in Oil and Gas Operations with a significant component of Emergency Response and Oil Spill Response, including 5 years of leading role
- Deep understanding of HSE, Emergency Response, Oil Spill Response and relevant technical disciplines.
- Skilled in processes for HSE Management and Emergency Response Preparedness
- Knowledge of Operations Management, Maintenance Management and (Production) Projects.
- Skilled in Change Management
- Personal knowledge of best operational practices and a track record in applying these.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire dispersed multi-cultural communities.
- Proven ability to implement complex tactics.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to forge relationships at senior levels.
- Experience in leading and implementing significant change, including stakeholder management.
- Implements, in close collaboration with the Onshore Site Manager and the Offshore Installation Manager as well as the Incident Management Manager in the HSSE Directorate, systems, processes and tools, and staffing plan for Emergency Response and Oil Spill Response.
- Develops and executes, in close collaboration with the Onshore Site Manager and the Offshore Installation Manager drills and training exercises to test the readiness for Emergency Response and Oil Spill Response.
- Acts as Process Owner for Emergency Response and Oil Spill Response, and conducts regular reviews, including competence assessments
- Acts as Process Focal Point for the Incident Command System, including the operations in the Site Emergency Response Centres.
- Maintains credible scenarios and largest credible scenarios for toxic gas (H2S) release.
- Conducts and documents, jointly with Subject Matter Exports, fire safety assessments, and develops and maintains credible fire scenarios and largest credible fire scenarios.
- Assess availability and preparedness of rescuers as determined in the (largest) credible scenarios, including toxic gas release, chemical spills, fires
- Verifies, through inspection and maintenance, that Safety Critical Equipment related to Emergency Response or Oil Spill Response meets the specified performance criteria.
- Manages the inventory of Oil Spill Response Equipment.
- Acts as Contract Holder for key Emergency Response / Oils Spill Response contracts.
- Keeps the Emergency Response & Oil Spill Response plans current.
- Demonstrates Safety Leadership both in personal safety and in process safety. Verifies compliance with Republic of Kazakhstan Statutory HSE Regulations, Codes and Standards; Verifies timely reporting and follow-up of all HSE incidents;
- Jointly with the HSSE Directorate Incident Management Team fully implement and drill Emergency Response per ICS-300 standard prior to restart.
- Engage and work effectively across all departments in Operations, influence senior management through direct contact and operate across a wide range of cultures.
Management Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Assures effective capability management in Emergency Response and Oil Spill Response including Competence Development, Skill Pool Management, driving nationalization demands.
- Proven performance and capability to operate independently in own discipline.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach, monitor and evaluate results.