- A higher education diploma in Health and Safety Management or relevant technical disciplines. Longer work experiences in relevant field with supporting safety or related certifications may be considered on exceptional cases.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in onshore and offshore operations in the oil and gas industry.
- Advantageous Qualifications/Experience (non-mandatory):
- Recognised safety qualification and professional affiliation (NEBOSH, IOSH, etc.)
- Experience in operating in high H2S content facilities
- Incident/Accident investigation certification, Valid First aid Certificate
- A previous similar company role, especially in managing and interfacing with Contractors at site
- A previous safety logistics experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of international safety codes and standards, local rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of safety information systems and ability to establish and maintain it
- Good abilities to read, write, understand and explain documentation, share information with others
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to create friendly working environment
- Computer skills required as follows Microsoft Word – required, Microsoft Excel – required, Microsoft PowerPoint – basic, E-mail and Internet – required
- Competent in identifying hazards and understanding mitigation methods typically found in a Petro-Chemical plant or construction sites.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Able to converse in Basic English. Russian or Kazakh language skills required to interface with contractor workers.
Site Logistics safety Support:
- Execute the roles as safety expertise representative in the implementation of safety tools such as HEMP related activities (e.g. Job Hazard Analysis and other Risk Assessments tools) and other safety related activities including implementing the safety Contracting processes. This includes supporting the implementation of the relevant HSE Cases
- Implement pro-active measures for continuous improvement of safety performance within area of responsibility including contractor’s activities
- Execute the role of safety expertise when assigned as a member of incident investigation team member to ensure alignment with Company’s Incident Investigation & Reporting Procedure
- Support implementation of the relevant safety Plan, and supporting implementation of procedures, work instructions, etc. on site are satisfactorily on a day to day basis
- Coach contractor safety personnel in effective management of safetyat site including active participation in Contractor’s safety activities (e.g. ToolBoxTalk, WRAP & TRIC, Safety Stand-down etc.)
Contractor safety Management and Assurance:
- Monitor the overall effectiveness of management of safety including those activities performed by Contractors
- Support Logistics safety Team in the implementsafety assurance activities such as audits, reviews and inspections of selected key contractors against Company’s safety procedures or plans and against RoK (safety) requirements
- Review safety contractual documentations submitted by contractor and monitor for its implementation
Safety Performance Reporting:
- Validate and verify contractors safety performance in relation to actions arising from assurance activities, inspectionsand investigation reports
- Administerfor timely and accurate reporting of safety performance KPI’s
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibilities.
- Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required.
- Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.